Here is the list of teams so far.
UPDATE: Detailed scoring rules are here. This is basically the file we worked from to write the scoring scripts; there will be a leaderboard later today, we've already got half of it working as of Aug 1 9 AM EDT.
crawl.akrasiac.org and crawl.develz.org are proud to be hosting the hopefully-first Crawl Tournament!
This tournament will be organized in the
style of various nethack tournaments, including the /dev/null network
tournament and Eidolos's June tournaments. Here are the basics:
You don't need to do anything to sign up other than play on CAO or CDO.
If you want to be part of a clan, you need to add a line to the top of
your CAO rcfile like this: "# TEAMCAPTAIN nameofcaptain" The # is important
to make sure Crawl doesn't try to parse the team data as an option.
The team captain must put more information in her .crawlrc, specifically
these two lines:
- You play as many games as you want for the entirety of August, from midnight UTC Aug 1 to 23:59 UTC Aug 31.
- Wins get you meta-points, especially for the fastest or first or
- High scores in race/class combinations get you meta-points,
especially if you have the most of them.
- Getting runes and killing uniques also get you meta-points,
so you don't need to be a Crawl Champion to get your name up
on the scoreboard.
- Clans of six players or less are encouraged and clans have their
own special additional meta-points to determine which clan wins.
- There should be at least one server in the US and at least one in
Europe; if you're interested in hosting a server, please send me
- There will be actual physical prizes; receiving them is optional
but if you win one you may want to give me an address so I can give it
- Using a bot to artificially level yourself or otherwise screwing
around with your game may be grounds for disqualification (plus it makes
the server slow for everyone else). Just play Crawl like a reasonable
person, 'kay? :)
"# TEAMNAME nameofteam"
"# TEAMMEMBERS player1 player2 player3 player4 player5"
Clan names must contain only alphanumeric characters, underscores, and hyphens.
Once a player's username is in the captain's rc and the captain's username
is in the player's rc and our script checks for updates, the players
will be in the same clan! If you have any trouble with this, please let
If you have questions, just ask;
watch this space for more information.